Week 6- HAIRCUTS need I say more?!


This week we celebrated a birthday and Mother's Day (which was overshadowed by the aforesaid birthday but that is what being a mother is all about...) which added some fun to the week of our cake making tradition on birthdays and fun surprises from the siblings which was a new element this year as they get older.  We tend to keep birthdays simple for the most part so Covid didn't change much luckily!  



cakes are so much more fun when the birthday kid gets to make and decorate them!  vegan, gf, and dye free 
(we have a lot of sensitivities up in here!)


My mother's day flowers amongst the birthday décor-tulips are my fave!


And maybe even more exciting than birthdays and celebrations during this time of social distancing...HAIRCUTS!!!  Manitoba has opened salons up during their phase one and we took full advantage as it was getting bad...how cute are they!






First time out of the house in two months is exhausting!!
Hearing of potential food shortages we finally got motivated to put in an order to a local pastured farm something I have been wanting to do for about a year.  As a reformed vegan getting meat from "happy" animals is something important to me.  The amount of plastic was a disappointment though but we are stocked!

Happy animals until they DIE :(

What is another week stuck at home without diving into the latest trends?  This Dalgona coffee was a bright spot in another Groundhog Day...we used Swerve to sweeten.



I'll be honest though this week the blocks (especially the schooling blocks) were a write off.  The days blended together and I didn't know which way was up.  We did get outside everyday because my dog walks are sacrosanct which I call a win and this coffee gave me joy.  I feel bad for the parents stressing about schoolwork.  My kids are happy, fed (even if they have to feed themselves), and outside. Enjoying my Delgona coffee is about all I could do this week and I don't care.



And it would not be a Friday blog post without an ode to the wine that we are (I am) consuming...I filled out a survey this week on my thoughts on the pandemic and one of the questions was "how much did you used to drink?" (2-3x per month).  And "How much do you drink now?" (2-3x per week I hope but the truth is I've lost count).  They didn't ask me how frequently I would like to be drinking wine...so glad we figured out to order a case of our favourite organic local wine.  Covid shopping skills, amiright?!

(Not sure what happened to the formatting on this last paragraph and picture but since I am into one of the bottles in the picture, I care not...)








Comments