Week 5- what week is it now?

So this week we had a pretty good week but I have now lost track of the days and the weeks and the time.  We kept loosely to our time block schedule which means that the kids did some of their blocks but not all of them and I was too lazy to enforce.  We did continue to do some schoolwork and get outside each day but the reading fell by the wayside and movement blocks were sporadic.

Thank goodness our playgrounds are open

The kids connected more to the world this week through screens which turned out to be good even though I try to emphasize screen free as much as possible.  My older daughter found out that she can message and video chat with her friends at her current school and previous school (same school board) through Teams so that was a fun discovery (and I suspect the beginning of long video chats with friends...).  My younger daughter also got to connect with her class on Teams.

So great to see her class on Teams!

We did a Tae Kwon Do class on Zoom which was so amazing to see Master O and other students and to get back into it.  Made us feel more human again-even me who just watched with a glass of wine (one silver lining of doing classes from home I can watch with wine instead of tea!).


Kids did some breathing exercises:


And I treated myself to some books since I was using my phone to alleviate boredom way too much.  (While I like e-books and find them much cheaper I don't like my kids to see me on screens when I tell them to stay off screens-monkey see, monkey do.)


It is sad to say that heading to the post office to see what parcels have come in is the highlight of our day!  So...much...online...shopping.

Comments