Week 4-is it over yet?

This was a tough week-probably why I haven't wanted to write about it and am now a week late!  Mostly we just had a tough Saturday-it was surprising to me that the weekends are harder than the weekdays when currently all the days are stretching out in front of us-seemingly endless.

I realized that it was solely due to the fact that we have some semblance of structure during the weekdays-and when I say structure it is very, very light structure indeed!  But yet surprisingly it makes a difference.

As I mentioned before in my blog we are doing time blocks which allow us flexibility and things like when we get around to starting in the morning and what the kids feel like doing and more importantly what I feel like enforcing.  But apparently it is enough structure to keep us away from the edge.

cheeky monkeys up on the roof!


So after our tough Saturday I rounded everyone up and we went on a day adventure, keeping it local, but exploring nearby since we have only just relocated here as of the end of August.  With 4 energetic kids exercise and fresh air is key so we went to the Brokenhead Wetland Interpretive Trail which wound up being too short for our crew but still fun.


Of course I was the only one that found the snakes...




More cheeky monkeys...



We then decided to drive to another trail to try and along the way passed this fun diner so we stopped for fries which we ate outside in the blowing wind and ended up finishing in the car but business was booming which was nice to see for a small business.



And then we explored Blueberry Rock which was really neat-basically a trail that winds itself over this huge ginormous rock with a quarry on the other side.  Manitoba is a bit more laid back than Ontario so there was simply a boundary to the quarry made of low rocks to keep people out...which my boys promptly scrambled over to look over the edge making me have a mild panic attack and so I did not get any pictures as I was too busy worrying about their lack of common sense due to their pre-frontal cortexes not yet attaching to the back (or something like that).  But I did get a cute one of the girls to make up for their scary brothers.

you can see the boys running ahead about to jump into the quarry
while the sweet girls help each other and are careful

And with that we managed to turn our week around-turns out we just needed a day out away from the house with nice weather and fresh air.  Our tough Saturday led to an amazing Sunday.


Comments